Living Room: 10 Minute Speedy Clean
Who hasn’t been faced with a last minute visitor… and a hugemess in the living room?
The house cleaners at MOLLY MAID say it’s simple to make theliving room presentable in just 10 minutes (but remember to do adeeper clean later in the week).
Here’s how it’s done:
- First, ‘hide’ the clutter. Store – or hide – anything thatdoesn’t belong in the room in a container, box or even a cupboard.You can put items in their proper place later.
- Make the sofa look inviting and comfortable. Brush off cushionsand fluff the pillows.
- Dust table tops, including the coffee table and side tables. Ifyou have an open plan main floor, dust the dining room table too.Clear the dining room table.
- Any chance you can take the vase of fresh flowers from thehallway or kitchen and put them on the dining room table?
- Straighten contents of the coffee table into neat stacks.Neatly arrange magazines and books (or hide them as well).
- Spot clean cabinet fronts wherever you see fingerprints,particularly from shiny surfaces.
- Sweep or vacuum – just the floor for now; don’t worry aboutmoving furniture.