Welcome Door Mat: Taking Care of your Visitors
Summer is a wonderful time for road trips – and visiting friends or relatives in other places.
If you have guests arriving soon, it’s important to prepare your home so that they feel as comfortable as possible.
Of course, a good clean is always in order before they arrive, say MOLLY MAID, the professional house cleaners. Starting with a de-clutter of the house followed by a deep clean from top to bottom will do the trick.
Here are some top tips to make your visitors feel at home:
- Have a spare key just in case guests want to explore on their own. Gather a bundle of local maps, magazines and local tourist brochures for your guests to use.
- Pay special attention to the guest bedroom – or area where guests will sleep. Make up the bed with clean sheets leaving a set of towels on the bed – one set per person. Put out mini toiletries guests may have forgotten such as shampoo, soap and toothpaste.
- Provide extra pillows and blankets in the cupboard.
- Leave a small vase of fresh flowers in the bedroom – this does wonders for cheering up a room and shows a lovely personal touch.
- Leaving a bottle of water with glasses in the room show extra thought to ensure you’re guests are as comfortable as possible.
- Make sure there is a good bedside light and a night light that works.
- If you’re using an air mattress as the guest ‘bed’ make sure it stays inflated and vacuum the surface so it’s dust free.
- Make some space in a cupboard or empty a drawer in a dresser.
- Have a few nibbles and a drink ready for their arrival, so you can welcome them and have a leisurely chat about how they wish to spend their time whilst visiting.