Cleaning Shortcuts: 15 Quick Chores that Help Keep your House Clean Longer
Many people today have such a busy, over scheduled life and it’s tough to keep up with the house cleaning. What often happens is the dirt and clutter become overwhelming and forces you to do a major clean at once.
While scheduled deep cleans are necessary, the cleaning experts at MOLLY MAID have some suggestions that can help keep your house tidy and clean longer. The following 15 quick cleaning chores fit into your day – whenever. Each one only takes about 30 seconds to do, and that means you can ‘sneak’ in a lot of cleaning.
- Finished in the bathroom? Grab the rubbish bin and empty it -bathroom bins tend to be overflowing.
- Keep a used dryer sheet handy and use it to dust the TV and computer screen when you’re in the office or TV room. This will help keep dust from resettling.
- Have newspapers lying around the house? Clean a mirror with vinegar and newspaper. The vinegar will help the mirror dry streak free. Newspaper leaves less fuzzy residue than paper towels.
- While the coffee brews, wipe down the cooker or fridge door so it’s smudge-free and shiny.
- Change the hand towels in the bathroom or kitchen – to freshen up overall and to prevent cross-contamination of germs and bacteria.
- Sprinkle baking soda into the dustbin to prevent odours.
- Put that growing pile of junk mail, catalogues or magazines into the recycling bin.
- Treat a carpet stain that has been bugging you; grab the stain remover, shake or spray it on, let it work while you grab a cloth and wet it, then clean.
- Do a quick check in the fridge and remove expired products, old leftovers and any condiments that you just don’t use.
- Replace the box of baking soda in your fridge or freezer. The baking soda helps to reduce odours but needs to be changed every few months.
- Put some baking soda and vinegar down the bathroom drain; follow with hot water. This will help prevent clogs and keep things fresh!
- Grab items that are sitting around on the main floor as you head upstairs – and put them in their proper place.
- Shake out the floor mats at the front and back doors to help prevent dirt and dust from ending up inside.
- Grab a duster and wipe off the blades of a ceiling fan.
- Wipe across blinds with a used dryer sheet, a mismatched sock or microfibre dust cloth to keep them dust-free.