Christmas Countdown: 5 days to go!
With Christmas Day rapidly approaching and with excitement levels reaching new heights, make sure that you are as well prepared and organised as you can be by going through the checklist prepared by MOLLY MAID, the housecleaning professions.
So here is a brief Christmas countdown checklist to help you stay on track:
- If you haven’t already, make sure that you’ve given your home a really good deep clean before friends and family arrive. You know you’ll feel far more satisfied knowing that your floors are clean and that kitchen is as clean as it can be.
- Ensure that you have cleared out the fridge and thrown away leftovers to make room for big serving platters.
- Buy batteries for children’s toys and for any electronic gadgets you may be buying for your family.
- Start wrapping all your Christmas presents now as this will save added and unnecessary stress on Christmas eve!
- If you haven’t stocked up while Christmas shopping, make sure you have all the necessary gubbins for that handheld video game or remote-controlled car!
- Shop for fresh ingredients. Go to the supermarket or your local farm shop for the vegetables or fruit you need for main meals.
- If you have the luxury of having a dining room that you only use for special occasions, think about laying the table now after having given everything a good dust and clean.
- Remember to bring out your special cutlery, crockery and crystal for Christmas. If you can’t enjoy them now, when will you?
- If you are using big platters or serving dishes, write a sticky note indicating what will be served in it – this way it will be clear to those who may be helping you on the day and save the barrage of questions.
- Start cooking in earnest. Whilst you’ve no doubt stacked away a few things in the freezer to be organised, now is the time to start preparing main courses and make anything can be kept in the fridge. Think starters, desserts or puddings for example.
- Don’t forget to buy some fresh flowers for the Christmas table – buying them slightly in advance will allow them to open up and look beautiful.
- Recharge the batteries on your camera or video recorder to avoid missing any vital reactions on your children’s faces. These cannot be replicated!
- Finish any last-minute present or Christmas stocking wrapping.
- If any toys need to be assembled, ensure you have given yourself enough time to do so.
- Lay the breakfast table and have it organised so that you can have as little as possible to do in the morning as you will be concentrating on getting the Christmas meal ready.
- Prepare Christmas stockings before going to bed.
- Then finally make a timeline for the following day so you, and the family know, exactly when what is happening and going into the oven. Stick this on the fridge for all to see.
- Make sure there is bubbly in the fridge ready for a glass of bucks fizz in the morning for instance!
So now that you know you’ve got your Christmas countdown checklist, you should instantly feel more organised and feel you can approach Christmas Day with a new-found calmness!