With so much planning having gone into keeping the family entertained and organised this summer, it is important to remember that you need and deserve a break too! Treating and spoiling yourself can in fact be an essential part of keeping you balanced in every aspect. Why do even the smallest treats matter? When we feel depleted and drained, and when we have no time or energy left to devote to little activities that give us pleasure, we start to feel exhausted, resentful, and angry. Indulging in a small treat helps refresh and energise us. It’s easier to be patient with your children in the afternoon if you had coffee with a friend that morning. It’s easier to tackle a big project when you’re more rested, relaxed and ultimately feel ‘happier’.
MOLLY MAID, the professional domestic cleaning experts say that you don’t have to spend a fortune, or devote a large amount of time to treating yourself. If you can’t squeeze them into your busy schedule, even the smallest of treats can go some way to making you feel like you’ve done something for yourself. Here are some ideas to kick-start you:
- Meet a friend for a coffee and a chat and if you can’t meet, set some time aside for an uninterrupted Facetime or telephone call.
- Treat yourself to a smoothie or a favourite drink.
- Do a gym class with a friend.
- Start a new hobby to do on a regular basis – preferably not at home.
- Go for a walk with the dogs and your friends with lunch afterwards.
- Make time to read your favourite magazine or book.
- Organise a hair appointment.
- Book in a massage.
- Book a spa day with a friend.
- Give yourself a face mask or hair mask.
- Soak in a luxurious bath at home and shut the world out!
- Give yourself a manicure and pedicure at home in peace and quiet.
- Go to a make-up counter and have a make-over.
- Clear out your underwear drawer and indulge in some new underwear.
- Organise some retail therapy with a friend for a couple of hours.
- Organise a trip to the cinema with friends.
- Give yourself the ‘gift of time’ and instead of cleaning, ask the professionals, MOLLY MAID, to come in and wave their magic wand!
So as you can see, spoiling yourself doesn’t have to involve spending much money or time and the best way is to start off with the smaller ideas and then pop something like a day at the spa in the diary to look forward to.