Don’t be an April Fool!
Instead of playing the usual pranks on friends and family this April Fool’s Day, why not rise above the whole thing and show an unusual gesture of goodwill towards someone special, someone in need? This will not only cause an element of surprise, but will no doubt earn you some brownie points!
Why not try some of these small, but helpful April Fool gestures from the domestic housecleaning professionals, MOLLY MAID:
- Prepare a special breakfast for the family, or if breakfast isn’t the most convenient time, cook a special/ different meal for the family as a surprise.
- Give your neighbour or someone elderly who may need cheering up, a bunch of flowers.
- Bake a Spring flavoured cake, such as lemon drizzle, for a friend or even your family if it’s unusual for you to bake.
- Offer to take someone who finds it hard to get out and about for a drive and pop into town with them.
- Arrange for a caring or loving announcement to be made to someone over the radio.
- Send a cheery e-greeting card to family or friends who live further afield to let them know you’re thinking of them.
- Volunteer to help out at your local Community shop.
- Go out of your way to say ‘Good morning’ to the person standing next to you in a queue or whilst you’re commuting.
- Offer to do the laundry for a busy friend.
- Spend an hour or so crafting or playing a game with your children (that is unusual) at the end of the day.
- Wash your partner’s car if it is available.
- Why not surprise your other half by volunteering to watch a game of whatever ‘sport’ he’s into.
- Arrange for a ‘family movie night’ for all to enjoy and relax together.
- Fill up your partner’s car with fuel so they don’t have to. You’ll have them foxed.
- Mow the lawn or do a ‘chore’ that your partner has been putting off, so they don’t have to.
By now, you will have got the general idea that instead of potentially making someone feel silly with a prank, that even the smallest of gestures can not only make you feel better about yourself, but also make the other person feel cared for. Happy April Fool with a twist!