Real vs fake Christmas tree? The pros and cons
Having a decorated tree in the house is a wonderful way to celebrate the season. There’s often a family tradition around getting the tree and decorating it, and what would Christmas morning be without one?
In recent years, artificial trees have become more popular… and there are definitely merits for both artificial and fresh. We’ve summed up all the pros and cons of the great real vs fake Christmas tree debate!
- A real tree has a fresh scent.
- A real tree has a unique and individual shape.
- There are many different types of trees to choose from.
- The tree needs constant maintenance (watering).
- The tree will eventually shed its needles (and you’ll have to clean them up).
- It can only be left up for a limited time.
- Transporting the tree can be a hassle.
- Cleaning-up can be a hassle too.
- There’s no time spent choosing and buying a tree every year.
- It’s easy to assemble – and store.
- A fake tree is maintenance free.
- Needles will not drop off.
- Cleaning-up is simple.
- A fake tree can look contrived.
- It requires storage space.
- It doesn’t smell fresh.
- You lose out on the excitement of choosing the tree with the family.