5 genius ways to get organised for Christmas
It’s always busy this time of year, but it can actually be a great time to re-organise and de-clutter. The domestic cleaning experts at MOLLY MAID provide these 5 tips to help you get organised for Christmas:
- As you pull out your seasonal decorations, go through them too. Are you over the faux poinsettia? Do the decorations look tattered? Is it time to buy new candles? Create three piles: keep, donate, throw out/recycle.
- Don’t put anything back into storage containers that you don’t like anymore (or that is broken or just old). Keep only the best and more cherished decorations. One good rule of thumb: if you didn’t use it last time around and you’re not using it this year, say goodbye.
- If you save greeting cards from past years, go through them. Keep the cards that contain only heartfelt and meaningful messages.
- Review storage containers. Are they the right size, and are they properly labelled? It makes finding different items easier. Pick up clear storage boxes (you can also see what’s inside) at a department store if necessary and indelible ink markers.
- Remember, less is more – less decor means less dusting and cleaning. Also, simplicity makes it easier to enjoy what you have put out. (Instead of 30 Santa figurines crowded on the mantle, put out 15!).