Get organised for Christmas
Have you ever promised yourself that you would be more organised for Christmas, so that you can enjoy run up to Christmas? With the clock ticking and with only 5 weeks to go, MOLLY MAID, the professional domestic cleaners, suggest that there is no time like the present to start preparing to get ahead of the rush. Hopefully, some of the below ideas will prompt you into action:
- If you intend to send Christmas cards, update your list.
- Consider sending online greeting cards too – various charities now have online cards for you to send, which will save on time and postage.
- Remember to write and post Christmas cards going oversees by the deadline.
- Start thinking about cards and presents for teachers before they break up for the holiday.
- Ask your children to write Father Christmas a letter!
- Why not talk to your children about crafting or making some ‘special’ Christmas presents for the family – these are always treasured by family members.
- Start buying wrapping paper and gift tags.
- Have you started writing a list yet?
- Lead and delivery times can be longer at this time of the year, so remember to factor this in.
- Remember to post any presents to loved ones oversees by the last posting date.
- Once you have bought a present, wrap and label it as you go along as this save you having to dedicate a period of time to it later on.
- Remember that buying presents in the sales, such as Boxing Day, is an economical way of gifting especially if you are not seeing the recipient until after Christmas day.
- Decide on your guest for Christmas and Boxing Day lunch.
- Prepare a budget for your meals and create a menu accordingly.
- Write a food list as some butchers and supermarkets need plenty of advance warning.
- Don’t forget to book any hair and beauty appointments as this tends to be one of the busiest times of the year for the industry. It’s always good to have something pleasurable to look forward to when under pressure.