Tips for having a great bonfire night out!
Bonfire Night is one of the highlights of autumn! Families all over the UK will be wrapping up warm this week and heading out to watch some impressive firework displays.
Here are some top tips from MOLLY MAID, the professional domestic cleaners, for having an enjoyable and safe evening:
- Wrap up warm: At this time of year, the weather can be unpredictable and to make matters worse, firework displays often take place on muddy fields! Make sure you all have warm and waterproof clothing as well as sensible footwear.
- Sparklers: Children LOVE sparklers but they can be dangerous. They can however be enjoyed safely by taking a few precautions: always wear gloves, always supervise children, only light one at a time and keep them away from fireworks. After use, make sure they are disposed of in either a bucket or water or sand.
- Noise: Fireworks can be quite scary for young children and if you’re concerned about the noise levels or you know that your child is sensitive to noise, consider purchasing some noise-reducing headphones.
- Pets: Most displays don’t allow dogs so if you’re leaving them at home make sure windows and curtains are closed and you can even put on some background music to mask and muffle the sound of fireworks.
- Crowds: Some displays can be huge and navigating and entire family around the crowds can be hard work. Agree on a safe and visible meeting spot in case you do get separated. Pack a few snacks and drinks too, you don’t want to spend your evening queuing for hours for overpriced hotdogs!
And if you’re still looking for a display to attend, here are some of the top recommended displays around the country:
- Lewes, Sussex, 5th November
- Alexandra Palace, London, 7th November
- Segedunum Roman Fort, North Tyneside, 5th November
- Sparks in the Park, Cardiff, 7th November
- Glasgow Green, Glasgow, 4th November
Whatever you do on Bonfire Night enjoy it and more importantly stay safe!