If you’re new to your area or just want to have a fun time with families that live on your street, plan a (last-minute) Pumpkin Party this weekend. Here’s a quick guide from the professional cleaning experts, MOLLY MAID:
- Plan to hold the Pumpkin Party in your drive – on Saturday afternoon. Hand deliver invitations to your neighbours.
- Invite everyone to bring their own pumpkins; you provide carving kits as well as paint, markers, glitter, paper and anything else they need to decorate their pumpkins. (But leave the actual carving up to the adults).
- Invite everyone to wear costumes (for a trial run) including the adults.
- Create some atmosphere with candles, decorations and spooky music.
- Purchase a witch’s brew cauldron (or make one in an old planter). Line it with cling film or other clean liner and fill it with popcorn.
- Hang spider webs and fake spiders in shrubs or trees in the garden or drive.
- Take pictures of everyone with their pumpkin – so they can post it on their Facebook page.
- Serve simple food that everyone loves such as hotdogs, hamburgers and refreshments such as warm cider or mulled wine for the adults.
- Award prizes for ‘Favourite Pumpkin’, ‘Scariest Pumpkin’ and ‘Happiest Pumpkin’.
- Buy glow sticks and flashlights for party favours. Hand them out at the end of the party as the kids leave to trick-or-treat.