Spiders: Reasons to love ‘em
Despite the fact that removing cobwebs can almost seem like a daily cleaning task at this time of year, MOLLY MAID suggest that there are a few useful reasons why we should learn to embrace them too!
- First and foremost, spiders don’t want to bite you.
- They want to eat other bugs – so they help with pest control in the home. They help keep the home and garden free from insects and bugs such as earwigs, roaches, flies, mosquitoes and other spiders.
- They are beneficial to the planet in that they prevent insects from being dominant and destructive.
- Spiders are food themselves for birds, reptiles and small mammals, and other spiders.
- Some spider venom is used in the field of medicine.
- Synthesised spider silk is used in parachutes and bullet-proof vests.
- Spiders are generally a sign of good luck in many different cultures.