Autumn In: 12 fun weekend activities for the family
We’ve collected 12 of our favourite weekend activities to help your family make most the crisp days and chilly nights:
- Rake leaves… and jump into a huge pile!
- Visit a farmer’s market in the country.
- Pick apples at an orchard. Later, make apple crisp together and enjoy it with ice cream.
- Get a head-start on a homemade Halloween costume. What do you want to be? A zombie, batman, a wicked witch?
- Shop for a new autumn jacket or sweater. Clean cupboards and donate gently-used clothing to a local charity.
- Go for a nature walk in a local conservation area. Take a picnic.
- Collect pine cones – and paint them.
- Decorate a pumpkin.
- Roast pumpkin seeds.
- On a blustery cold autumn day, make a big pot of chili. Eat it and watch a favourite movie together.
- Visit a local maze at a historic house… and get a little lost together.
- Plant bulbs for spring.