Pucker up for a Lemonade Stand
Help your children to become little entrepreneurs this summer by helping them to create a lemonade stand. Here’s how:
- Choose a location: Find a good location for your lemonade stand. You want to find an area where you will be out of the sun as much as possible. If there are no shaded areas, consider using an umbrella. Putting the stand at the end of a driveway or on a pavement in a quiet road will ensure it is relatively safe from fast traffic.
- The stand:You will need a good, sturdy table and chairs for your lemonade stand. Cover the table with a bright coloured tablecloth. Make sure the tablecloth is long enough to reach the ground at the front of your table. This way, you can store your cool box filled with cold lemonade containers and extra supplies underneath. Set up your pitchers, cups, napkins, and straws in a creative arrangement.
- Timing: Choose two times of the day perhaps when you can man your stand (with the supervision of an adult if needed) when you might attract the most attention.
- Signage: Print out lemonade-themed decorations from the internet and tape them to your stand. Make a nice, large sign saying what your stand sells and how much you’re charging. Place it somewhere your potential customers can easily see it.
- The main event: Make a few containers of lemonade and place the extra containers in a cool box under the table. Here’s a simple delicious recipe from Sunkist Lemonade that you can try:
The following recipe makes 6 servings
1 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
3/4 cup sugar
4 cups water
1 lemon, unpeeled, sliced
Plenty of ice cubes
In a large pitcher, combine the lemon juice and sugar; stir until all of the sugar has dissolved. Add the remaining ingredients, mix well and add a sprig of mint for decoration.