Best Healthy Foods to Eat for Tooth Health
Just like our bodies, teeth and gums need essential minerals and vitamins to stay strong and healthy. What’s most important?
- Calcium is the main component of teeth and bones. It’s in yogurt, milk and cheese.
- Phosphorous helps calcium do its job. It’s in eggs, beef, chicken, turkey, halibut and bread.
- Vitamin A helps in the formation of tooth enamel. Foods rich in vitamin A are liver, pumpkin, carrots, sweet potato, mango, spinach and broccoli.
- Vitamin C is essential for healthy gums. It’s in citrus fruits, cantaloupe, strawberries, tomatoes and cabbage.
- Vitamin D helps calcium do its job. It’s in trout, mackerel, salmon, tuna, egg yolk and milk.