Deck the Halls… Outside!
The Christmas holidays are a wonderful time of year… and decorating outside is a great place to start the celebrating. It’s welcoming for friends and family who visit, but it’s also good to be able to share the spirit of the season with neighbours or passers-by.
Here are five ways to decorate the outside of your home. The professional house cleaners at MOLLY MAID remind everyone to keep the packaging, boxes or bins in the storage area, garage or shed so they can easily be removed in the New Year.
- Hang a Wreath: Nothing says Christmas more clearly than a fresh or dried wreath hanging on the front door. Today, many shops sell ready-to-hang festive wreaths. If you’re feeling creative and have the time, wrap a florist wire around the wreath and add your own baubles, ornaments, ribbons, and other decorations.
- Decorate a Tree: It has become popular – and festive – to decorate a shrub or a bare tree in the garden with ornaments and bulbs. Use a single color for effect, or find inexpensive and shatterproof ornaments and decorations at the pound shop. Best to use a tree or shrub that is protected from strong wind gusts.
- Sweet Planter: Fill a white planter with decorative (plastic) candy canes from the pound shop for an easy outdoor holiday decoration.
- Classic Greenery: Dress up your front door with a festive garland. Run a garland along the outside of the doorframe and secure it with self-adhesive hooks or clips. Add a few bows and baubles, and the festivities have begun.
- Welcome Bench: Have you got a bench in your front garden? Add some Christmas spirit with an arrangement of greenery, pinecones, gazing balls, and ornaments. Spray the arrangement with a light dusting of fake snow for a little winter flair.
- Big Baubles: Here’s a unique decoration idea. If it’s cold enough where you live, fill balloons with water and add food colouring and put them outside to freeze. When frozen, cut the balloons off… and you’ll have giant baubles that you can use along the walkway or to decorate the lawn!