5 Fabulous Ways to Enjoy the Autumn Leaves
The ever-changing colours of leaves must be one of Autumn’s most wonderful gifts. Rather than complain about the cooler weather, Molly Maid, the house cleaning experts, suggest that you celebrate the season by embracing the beautiful changes? Here are some ideas:
- Autumn Hike: take your family and your dog out to an area that has a beautiful landscape with changing leaves. Don’t forget to take your camera too to capture the amazing array of colours.
- Raking Party: It sounds like a lot of hardwork, but really when you invite all your favourite people, serve delicious hot chocolate (or hot toddies) and homemade apple crisp -maybe even give away a fun prize for leaves collected – well now you’re talking a party!
- All Aboard: Everyone loves an Autumn foliage train or bus tour, which is a leisurely and old-fashioned way to experience the beauty of Autumn. Some rail tour operators offer brunch, luncheon and dinner train trips too.
- Autumn Picnic: Pack a picnic and spend an hour in a conservation area or nearby park that has many different tree varieties – and changing Autumn leaves. Bring a game like frisbee, football or rugby, but mostly bring your curiosity (and a camera and sweater too).
- Leaf Art: It’s easy to turn a colourful leaf into artwork. Collect colourful leaves. Find a wide leaf (such as an oak leaf) and trim out a butterfly head from the top point of the leaf. Press the leaf in a book until dry. Spray with varnish to help preserve the colour. Mount in a floating frame or in an artbook.