Packing Up Your Camping Gear
Is camping something your family does every summer? When the trip is over, it’s important to pack things up so they’re clean and ready to go for the next adventure. The home cleaning professionals at MOLLY MAID have the following tips:
- Pull out everything from inside the tent and shake out equipment such as sleeping bags and blankets to air before you fold them up, washing them if necessary.
- Sweep out the tent with a broom or small brush/dustpan. Remove any dirt, sand, leaves, and anything else that you brought in.
- Take down and fold the tent as it was originally folded (so it fits back into its bag). As you fold it up brush off any dirt, leaves etc., if necessary. Also, squeeze the air out. Canvas tents are usually folded into a flat pack and dome tents are usually rolled.
- Collect all pegs, ropes and hammer.
- Wash the camping stove if necessary. Wipe off any dirt from any of the other camping equipment as you pack it into your vehicle or trailer.
- Before you leave, walk around the campsite to check if anything has been left behind. It’s easy to leave something leaning up against a tree or in the grass or leaves.
- When you get home and un-pack the car, put camping gear away, straight away… unless the tent is not completely dry. In which case, unfold it, hang it over a fence and rotate it or spread it out in a shed if it is raining.
- Before packing away camping gear that uses batteries, such as torches, remove the batteries. They can corrode and leak when they’re not used for long periods.
- Store cooking utensils, plates, bowls etc in a tub with a lid, so they ready for next time too.