Summer Madness: How to keep Dust to a Dull Roar
With people wandering in and out of the house all summer, it’s easy for floors and carpets to become super dusty and grubby. Here are some handy tips from the home cleaning professionals at MOLLYMAID to help keep dirt under control.
- Make it a rule that all family members and visitors remove their shoes at the doorstep to avoid traipsing in dirt, dust, leaves, pollens, etc.
- Keep door mats at all doors and ask everyone to wipe their feet!
- If your family likes to go barefoot in the garden, leave a hose set up or a watering can and ask everyone to hose and/or wipe their feet before they come inside.
- Pets in the house? They also need to be brushed and paws wiped after a romp in the garden or the local park.
- Use a vacuum with a HEPA filter on carpets a few times a week.
- Shake out door mats regularly.
- Instead of sweeping bare floors (which tends to kick up dust into the air), use a damp mop as it’s a better way to prevent the dust moving from one area to another.