9 Neat Ways to Clean With Vinegar in the Kitchen
The Vinegar Institute provides these cleaning tips with vinegar.
- Coffee maker cleaner (automatic): Fill the reservoir with white distilled vinegar and run it through a brewing cycle. Rinse thoroughly with water when the cycle is finished. (Be sure to check the owner’s manual for specific instructions
- Microwave: To loosen splattered on food and to deodorize, combine 1/4 cup of white distilled vinegar and 1cup of water in a microwave-safe dish. Set on high for 30seconds.
- Deodorize the kitchen drain: Pour one cup of white distilled vinegar down the drain once a week. Let stand 30 minutes and then flush with cold water
- Clean the refrigerator: Wash the inside surfaces with a solution of equal parts water and white distilled vinegar
- Clean and disinfect wood cutting boards: Wipe with full strength white distilled vinegar.
- Ant deterrent: Wash counter tops, cabinets and floors with white distilled vinegar.
- Fruit Flies:Place a bowl filled with ½quart water, 2 Tbsp. sugar, 2 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar and a couple of drops of dish soap to attract the fruit flies. But always eliminate the source of attraction, i.e., ripened produce.
- Cleaner Dishes and Glasses:Pour 1 ½cup to 2 cups white distilled vinegar in the bottom of dishwasher, along with regular dishwasher soap. Wash full cycle.
- Remove Refrigerator Smells:Place 1 cup apple cider vinegar in a glass and set in refrigerator. Within 2 days, any smell is gone!