Cleaning Your BBQ
With barbecue season in full swing, it’s important to keep cooking surfaces clean. Here’s a quick 6-step guide to cleaning your grill.
- Fill a bucket or the sink with half water and half vinegar. Put the cooking grates from the grill into the solution and soak.
- While the grates soak, use a wire brush to softly scrub the main grill and clean away any ash or build-up. If you have an older gas grill, remove any briquettes or lava rocks first so you have access to the main burner.
- Once you’ve removed all the debris, reassemble the grill.
- Use a wire brush to clean the grates.
- Replace the grates and leave the whole barbecue grill to air dry for about 15 minutes.
- Spray the grill with a light coating of oil for easier cooking and cleaning for the next time!