6 Steps to a Clean Microwave
All kitchen appliances need a little extra attention from time to time. Here is a deep clean plan for the microwave. According to MOLLY MAID residential maid services, you’ll need: a microfiber cloth, non-abrasive cleaner (such as dishwashing liquid), a duster, all-purpose cleaner and lemon juice.
- Open the microwave door and clean the inner lip and the window inside and out. If the door is made of soft plastic use just a damp microfibre cloth to clean the surface. If it’s a stainless steel door, dampen the cloth with water and non-abrasive cleaner. Always wipe with the grain.
- Remove the glass turn-table and wash in the sink. Wipe the inside of the microwave.
- To soften cooked-on splatters inside the microwave, fill a cup with water, place it in the centre of the microwave and turn on high for three minutes. The steam will loosen any baked-on food so it can be wiped clean. Be careful that the water does not boil over the cup and burn your hand.
- Clean under the microwave by using the handle of the duster to push a cleaning cloth under the cabinet edge.
- Wipe the exterior with a microfibre cloth sprayed with all-purpose cleaner. For stainless steel machines, dip the cloth in water and dishwashing liquid, wring it out and wipe with the grain.
- If the inside of the microwave still smells like last night’s popcorn, here’s a great way to remove these cooking odours: fill a container with 2 cups of water and add a little lemon juice. Microwave on high for 3-5 minutes. This can be done during step 3 as well for a fresh, clean scent.