DAY OFF with Kids: Bad Weather = Good Fun Activities
When the weather outside is frightful, gather your children and do a fun activity together. Here are some great ideas:
- Play an outdoor game with inside rules. For example, for a game of balloon volleyball, use a long piece of yarn to create a net. String it across the room by tying each end to something, like a chair. Then, use a balloon for the ball. The ball can’t break anything, and everyone will have loads of fun.
- Make a scrapbook. Collect personal photographs, pictures and words cut out from old magazines, magic markers and glue, and create your own scrapbook story.
- Bake a cake. Kids love to help out in the kitchen. Teach them one of your classic cake recipes. They’ll be so proud – and will love the taste testing part!
- Catch a matinee-in your den. Find a movie that everyone loves -and enjoy it again cuddled together on the couch. Don’t forget the popcorn!
- Play pirates. Hide a treasure before you play and make the game about hunting for it. Be sure to dress up in costumes too.
- Rainy Day Jar. Not sure what to do? Fill a jar with pieces of paper that have different activities that you and your kids come up with together. For example, ‘play a game’, ‘build a fort’ and ‘play hide and seek’. This way when there’s bad weather, there’s also ajar full of ideas to enjoy!
MOLLY MAID house cleaners can help save you precious time by providing cleaning services; all the more time to spend with your family!