DAY OFF – Save Time with Easy Dinner Shortcuts
Let’s face it: We never have enough spare time. Here are some delicious ways to free up some time – by cutting a few corners at dinner time.
- Pizza night: Bake a frozen pizza (there are so many now to choose from in the grocery store), or have a pizza delivered. Add a salad in a bag (so all you have to do is toss the dressing with the fresh salad greens). All done!
- Slow cooker: Organize ingredients the night before, then in the morning toss everything into the slow cooker and turn it on. Dinner is ready as soon as you walk in the door after work!
- Make your Own Sandwich: Kids love hands-on activities, so here’s a great way to introduce them to foods and giving them the opportunity to make their own. Have a variety of buns and bread, meats, vegetables, egg salad, and peanut butter (if no allergies),on hand. Add a tray of fresh vegetables and dip, and you’re all set.
- Stir-fry: This is one of the fastest meals to put together. All you need is one type of meat, vegetables, spices and sauce ingredients. Put rice in the rice cooker or a pot on the stove and dinner’s coming together quickly!
- Neighbourhood Potluck: Organize a potluck with friends or family and ask everyone to bring one dish. For example, make a dish ahead of time (like macaroni and cheese) and voila… dinner for all!
Of course, another way to save time around your home is to hire professional house cleaners. You can come home to a clean house so dinner doesn’t seem like such a daunting task after work. Contact your local MOLLY MAID house cleaning service for more information.