Tools of the Trade: MOLLY MAID House Cleaners Share Their Secrets
Having the right tools can make all the difference when you clean. Here’s what the Cleaning Experts at MOLLY MAID keep on hand:
- BROOM. Nylon bristles catch dirt best, and an angled broom head is most efficient for getting into hard to reach corners.
- BUCKET. Keep cleaning products together in a bucket so you’ll know where everything is. Use the bucket while you clean too.
- GREEN CLEANING PRODUCTS. MOLLY MAID residential cleaners recommend five bio-based cleaning products – a glass cleaner, all-purpose cleaner, degreaser, washroom cleaner and disinfectant.
- CLOTHS. Reusable microfibre cloths are soft and keep their shape. Then when you’re done cleaning, just toss them into the washing machine. Washing microfiber cloths separate from your loads of regular clothes is best, as clothing fibres can get trapped within the microfibre and make them less effective cleaning tools.
- DUSTER. An extendable duster is flexible and helps you get the job done in areas you wouldn’t normally be able to reach. They’re a safe solution to reaching those high places.
- BIN BAGS. Keep a good supply of these. Having a rubbish bin in each room helps ensure surfaces remain uncluttered as rubbish is more likely to end up in the bin.
- MOPS. A mop with a washable cloth head is recommended for non-carpeted flooring.
- RUBBER GLOVES. Wear these to protect skin from germs and cleaning agents.
- SQUEEGEE. A small one in the bathroom helps to remove excess water from shower walls and doors.
- TOILET BOWL HOLDER AND SOFT BRUSH. Be sure it has a long handle and that the brush is made from non-absorbent nylon bristles.
- TOOTHBRUSH. This is an essential tool for those tough-to-reach spots.
- VACUUM CLEANER. You can’t clean carpets without one. Also great to use on any type or flooring if on the proper setting.
- PROPER GEAR. When cleaning, wear loose layered clothing so you can remove one or two as you get warm -cleaning is a great workout! Pull long hair back. Wear comfortable supportive footwear with a grip sole and don’t forget to drink lots of water.