8 Great Summer Stay-cation Ideas
A ‘stay-cation’ (which means you stay local during your holidaytime, rather than packing up and travelling somewhere else) can bejust as fun for your family as a holiday away. It’s all about beingopen to new ideas, getting creative and doing some research. Hereare some ways to enjoy yourself (and save a bit of money too)!
- Plan a Picnic: Everyone will love having agood old fashioned picnic in a nearby park, conservation area oryour own backyard. Be sure to bring some games and good food. Checkout the <ahref=”/posts/2013/july/summer-picnic-how-to-keep-them-delicious-and-safe.aspx”>Summer Picnic Guide from MOLLY MAID for tips on a safe anddelicious picnic.
- Get (a little) Lost: Pack a lunch, fill thecar with petrol and head out of town to discover quaint villages,pretty landscapes and beautiful countryside.
- Step Back in History: Kids love learningabout the past when they are immersed in it. Visit an old castle afort or a living museum.
- Hit the Beach: Find the nearest lake orshoreline, pack swimsuits, sunscreen and a frisbee and enjoy abeautiful day on the beach.
- Become a ‘Photographer’: Use your digitalcamera – or smart phone – and take pictures of the family in exoticor fun places in town. Perhaps there’s an outdoor square, asculpture garden or a pretty harbour where you can set up some nicefamily photos.
- Have a Pizza Party: Pick up favourite fixingssuch as ready-made dough (check your local pizzeria or grocerystore), mozzarella cheese, fresh veggies, pepperoni or bacon andprepared pizza sauce and pick a little fresh basil from the gardenif you have it. Then, put on aprons and become a chef!
- Have a Pamper Party: Wear dressing gowns, puton moisturizing masks and give each other pedicures. Put cottonballs between your toes and be sure to choose fun nail polishcolours.
- Hire MOLLY MAID: Treat yourself to a cleanhome from MOLLY MAID cleaning experts. It’ll be easy to see thebenefits of having your home professionally cleaned on a regularbasis. Find your local MOLLY MAID now!