Laundry’s Enemy is MUD: How to Handle It!
If your son or daughter comes home from training covered in mud, don’t panic! The cleaning experts at MOLLY MAID know how to tackle those stains while avoiding the problem of clogging the filters in your washing machine.
Follow these simple steps to remove stains:
- Let the mud stains dry completely.
- Gently – and carefully – scrape away any excess dirt.
- Rub the stains with a little bit of washing up liquid with your fingers in order to loosen ground-in dirt.
- Add a few drops of water to the stain and detergent.
- If the items are REALLY muddy, follow steps one and two again. Then, place items in a bucket of cold water, add detergent – and pre-soak the items. Use a cloth to loosen mud from the fabric.
- Wash the item according to the washing guidelines.
- When the wash is completed, check to see if any stains remain. If there are, repeat the previous steps.
Note: Definitely do NOT put clothing in the dryer if stains are persistent and still remain. Heat will set the stain, making it even harder to remove.