Clean Up After April Fool’s Day
Love April Fool’s Day pranks but hate the clean-up? Not to worry, say the cleaning experts at MOLLY MAID who share a few tricks of their own here to help you tackle two particularly icky stains.
Vaseline – Spreading Vaseline on a door knob can get a few good laughs, but then someone goes and wipes their hands on their shirt. It’s best to pre-treat the stain before you wash it. Here’s how:
- Remove as much of the Vaseline as possible without spreading the stain.
- Gently dab a small amount of liquid dish soap onto the stained area, and let it sit for five minutes.
- Rinse thoroughly to flush out the soap and any remaining Vaseline.
- Apply your usual stain removal spray, then toss the shirt into the washer with a regular load of laundry.
Urine – Some people still pull the ‘hand in a warm cup of water’ prank… yikes! While most people think urine is a stain that can’t be removed, MOLLY MAID actually has a tried-and-true cleaning method that you can use to remove both the odour and stain from a mattress (if you have young kids)or carpets (if you’ve got pets).
- Mix one part white vinegar and two parts liquid dish soap.
- Generously apply mixture to the stain with a clean, dry microfibre cloth and let sit for 30 minutes.
- Take a clean, wet microfibre cloth and pull up as much of the soap mixture as you can.
- Sprinkle the wet area with baking soda and leave for several hours (or overnight if possible), then vacuum the remainder of the baking soda.