Make it Green – 5 Ways to Celebrate St. Patrick’s Day
The 17th of March is St. Patrick’s Day and what better way to celebrate than by going green when you clean the house. The cleaning experts at MOLLY MAID provide these tips:
- Wash the majority of your laundry in cool water (bed sheets should always be washed in hot water).There are many laundry detergents now available that have been formulated for cooler water.
- Open curtains and shutters throughout your home and enjoy the natural light, rather than keeping the lights on.
- Speaking of lights, always remember to turn lights off when you leave a room. Also, shut down any electronic devices you aren’t using (this will also save money on your hydro bill).
- Install rain barrels at the downspouts of you reaves troughs to collect rain water – and use it for watering household plants. You can use the previously collected rain water for your garden too, if it doesn’t rain for a few days.
- Let other people reuse items you no longer need or want. Donate clothes, toys and other household supplies, to a local charity. Someone else is sure to find a new treasure from your old trinkets.