The Vinegar Institute provides these cleaning tips with
1. Coffee maker cleaner (automatic): Fill
the reservoir with white distilled vinegar and run it through a
brewing cycle. Rinse thoroughly with water when the cycle is
finished. (Be sure to check the owner's manual for specific
2. Microwave: To loosen splattered on food
and to deodorize, combine 1/4 cup of white distilled vinegar and 1
cup of water in a microwave-safe dish. Set on high for 30
3. Deodorize the kitchen drain: Pour one
cup of white distilled vinegar down the drain once a week. Let
stand 30 minutes and then flush with cold water
4. Clean the refrigerator: Wash the inside
surfaces with a solution of equal parts water and white distilled
5. Clean and disinfect wood cutting
boards: Wipe with full strength white distilled
6. Ant deterrent: Wash counter tops,
cabinets and floors with white distilled vinegar.
7. Fruit Flies: Place a bowl filled with ½
quart water, 2 Tbsp. sugar, 2 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar and a
couple of drops of dish soap to attract the fruit flies. But
always eliminate the source of attraction, i.e., ripened
8. Cleaner Dishes and Glasses: Pour 1 ½
cup to 2 cups white distilled vinegar in the bottom of dishwasher,
along with regular dishwasher soap. Wash full cycle.
9. Remove Refrigerator Smells: Place 1 cup
apple cider vinegar in a glass and set in refrigerator.
Within 2 days, any smell is gone!