Summer is a wonderful time for road trips - and visiting friends
or relatives in other places.
If you have guests arriving soon, it's important to prepare your
home so that they feel as comfortable as possible.
Of course, a good clean is always in order before they arrive,
say MOLLY MAID, the professional house cleaners. Starting with a
de-clutter of the house followed by a deep clean from top to bottom
will do the trick.
Here are some top tips to make your visitors feel at home:
- Have a spare key just in case guests want to explore on their
own. Gather a bundle of local maps, magazines and local tourist
brochures for your guests to use.
- Pay special attention to the guest bedroom - or area where
guests will sleep. Make up the bed with clean sheets leaving a set
of towels on the bed - one set per person. Put out mini toiletries
guests may have forgotten such as shampoo, soap and
- Provide extra pillows and blankets in the cupboard.
- Leave a small vase of fresh flowers in the bedroom - this does
wonders for cheering up a room and shows a lovely personal
- Leaving a bottle of water with glasses in the room show extra
thought to ensure you're guests are as comfortable as
- Make sure there is a good bedside light and a night light that
- If you're using an air mattress as the guest 'bed' make sure it
stays inflated and vacuum the surface so it's dust free.
- Make some space in a cupboard or empty a drawer in a
- Have a few nibbles and a drink ready for their arrival, so you
can welcome them and have a leisurely chat about how they wish to
spend their time whilst visiting.